Great Plains Painting
Your Local Cabinet Painting Kansas City ExpertsRequest A Free Estimate
Cabinet Painting Experts
Benefits of Cabinet Painting Services in KC
- A fresh coat of paint will transform the look of your cabinets
- Improve your home's value
- Your whole kitchen will have a new, shiny, and refreshed look
- Less hassle than replacing your kitchen cabinets
- Minimal disruption, most jobs are completed within 2-4 weeks
Cabinet Painting Experts
KC Kitchen Cabinet Painting Services
At Great Plains Painting, we are experts in cabinet painting, cabinet refacing, and cabinet resurfacing. We understand the nuances of these types of painting jobs and have a well defined process to make sure the job is done correctly the first time. If you've been considering having your cabinet repainted, don't wait - you will love the look of your kitchen once you see the final results.
Committed to Getting the Job Done Right
Our goal is to make sure you are 100% happy with your project. From the initial estimate to the final clean up, our whole team makes the whole process easy from start to finish. We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service. In fact, we guarantee will not be disappointed that you choose Great Plains Painting for your cabinet painting project.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most of the time, getting your kitchen cabinets enameled follows the following sequence:
- setup garage to spray doors, drawers, and shelves
- break down the cabinets – remove all the hardware, doors, drawers, and shelves
- prepare the kitchen – tape off countertops, flooring, walls, seal off doorways, and mask other non-painted surfaces
- wood filler / bondo any holes in doors or drawers (if required)
- scuff sand all painted surfaces
- apply primer coat – generally we’ll use an oil based primer. it’s almost always necessary to achieve a good bond over the old stain and lacquer finish. not doing this can result in the finish coat peeling off within a few years time
- allow to cure and scuff sand again
- apply enamel coat and allow to cure
- put everything back together – all doors / drawers / shelves / and hardware
- cleanup and final touchups
It can vary on the condition of the existing surfaces and what you’re wanting completed, but in general for us to produce a product we are willing to warranty and know will last for a long time a normal size kitchen is between $6k and $10k for the cabinets.
Talk to our estimator about what you want and what your budget is and we’re happy to provide you with options that will fit your needs and budget.
We see a lot of people getting estimates from painting companies who are not using enamel to paint kitchen cabinets. This is of course cheaper, but in our opinion this is a great dis-service to the homeowner. If the cabinets aren’t properly primed and painted with an enamel they’ll look great for a year or two and then often they’ll begin to peel. At this point, the cabinets require a complete strip of the paint that was applied and a re-do.
Enamel dries harder than wall paint, is easier to clean, and will resist scuffs and dings better than a paint designed for drywall application. Enamel is specifically designed for trim, doors, and cabinets and is the right product for that application.
We recommend you ask anyone estimating your project how they plan on performing the work and what products they plan on using. If you aren’t hearing words like “primer” or “enamel” proceed with caution
At a minimum, make sure any company that is giving you an estimate is doing the following:
- applying an appropriate primer (we use oil based) that will bond to the surface
- using enamel for the top coat, enamel is different than wall paint, its harder and specifically made for cabinets