Great Plains Painting
Kansas City Wood Rot Repair Experts
More often than not when we’re estimating projects, we find some wood rot that needs to be repaired. When Great Plains Painting was brand new, we looked at estimates from other companies and noticed it was impossible to tell what was included, how it was priced, if labor and materials were included, etc…so we decided we’d price our wood rot differently than everyone else.
Wood Rot Repair Experts
How We Price Wood Rot Repair Services In KC
We want to be as clear and transparent with you on the wood rot repair estimates as possible. As such, we itemize the wood rot repair on each estimate.
Here’s what included in our wood rot repair estimates:
- All labor and materials required. The price you see on the estimate is what it costs
- Itemized list of what’s being replaced, quantity, unit price, and location
- We use software to take and markup pictures and we’ll show these to you. They also get printed and given to our crew so they know exactly what’s included and what needs done. We can also email you the report if you want it
- We separate the wood rot repair price from the painting price so it’s clear what it costs on it's own. This way you can compare it to others or if you have a handyman or carpenter show it to him and get an estimate for the exact same items
Wood Rot Repair Experts
KC Wood Rot Repair Services
We are fully capable of replacing or repairing almost anything if it is possible to do so. If you have questions about wood rot repair, ask your estimator for his recommendations and options. In the event that what you are dealing with is unique and your estimator hasn’t seen it before, he’ll reach out to our production manager Ryan or one of our carpenters to find out what options we can offer and get those to you at your estimate.
As always, our #1 priority is finding out exactly what you need and delivering it to you. You can rest easy knowing you have the professionals at Great Plains Painting on your side. We make the entire process from start to finish simple and hassle-free.
Committed to Getting the Job Done Right
If you hire Great Plains Painting, you can trust that we are committed to getting the job done right. With our experience and knowledge in painting and wood rot repair across Kansas City and surrounding areas, we're confident we can do great work and deliver exactly what you need and what.
Whether it's a small or big wood rot repair project, our goal is to provide our clients with a great professional experience and exceptional customer service.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve run into just about everything over the years. Most commonly we deal with these issues on KC customer’s homes:
- Siding Panel Replacement
- Lap Siding Replacement
- Cedar Shake Shingle Replacement
- Batten Board Siding Replacement
- Fascia Replacement
- Soffit Replacement
- Window Sill Nose and Trim Replacement
- Trim Replacement
- Porch Column Replacement
- Oversize Roughcut Cedar Trim Replacement
- Door Moulding Replacement
- Garage Door Trim Replacement
Talk to your estimator and make sure to point out wood rot areas during your walk around so that we can address and offer recommendations for all of the problem areas.
Sometimes wood rot issues are the result of using the incorrect materials for the project. We look at some projects and see others have used cheap pine or poplar (common board) to perform the repairs and within a couple of years it’s already rotted again.
Not all materials are created equal when it comes to working with exteriors in the Kansas City area. We exclusively use the following materials because they are designed to perform well in our climate:
- LP Smart Siding and LP Smart Trim
- James Hardie Siding and Trim Products
- Roughcut or Milled Cedar if a Real Wood Product is Required
Yes, we are capable of residing one, multiple, or all sides of your home. If we do so, we think the best product on the market right now is James Hardie siding. It is fiber cement, so it does not rot, is engineered to minimize joints and caulking, therefore minimizing failure points, accepts and holds paint extremely well, is hail proof, is fireproof, and looks great. James Hardie has an excellent warranty and can even come pre-colored (factory painted) making it a top competitor for longevity vs cost.
Check out our James Hardie page to learn more.